Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Nightmare, sorta?

I have a young e-friend in the Army. He's in Ramadi just now, but his unit is down to less than 60 days and counting. I've linked to him before... he is an odd duck to an old fart like myself, but his ass is out there in my place and I respect that down to my toenails.

Jeez, less than 2 months to go. The levels of stress really haven't been too bad out here either. I just seem to can't concentrate as well as I used to be able to, and I'm still trying to figure out why. Out on an earlier mission, we had a small incident, and I just couldn't focus..I don't know what the hell happened to me. I didn't panic. I just couldn't think clearly. Fortunately nothing happened. When we got back to camp, my squad leader pulled me asside from everyone else and asked if anything was wrong. I have no family problems back home, no issues or problems of anything really. From time to time I just feel drained and burned out from the year of being out here..

Read the rest.

My excursions to Viet Nam were not linked to the idea of some DEROS thing, his is... as it was for many of you. I don't even know his real name, but he's from Florida.

Drop him a comment, I told him to focus so I wouldn't have to bring flowers to his grave. Done that enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

site stats