Sunday, October 08, 2006

The ONE Thing

I hate politics! I find it one of the most frustrating human endeavors.
1 a : the art or science of government b : the art or science concerned with guiding or influencing governmental policy c : the art or science concerned with winning and holding control over a government.
There are more definitions, but the idea of honest discourse is nowhere to be found. Even the events called 'debates' rarely fulfill the basic requirements: a regulated discussion of a proposition between two matched sides.

This leaves me, as a voter, seeking The One Thing. What one thing does everything else use as a foundation? I then can ignore everything else as secondary. This simplifies things quite a bit. Being simple minded, I appreciate simple ideas. No nuance, or polls about what others think, no spin doctors, etc, just The One Thing .

This mid-term election (perhaps moreso than the 2008 election) The One Thing is my fear of seeing a Spanish speaking Islamic cloud on our horizon.

Any candidate that wants my vote or other support need only show the same concern consistantly. This includes voting records, political posturing, speaches and the like. My candidate will not offer differing positions depending on where he's speechifying or what the polls say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

site stats