Thursday, November 01, 2007

Ralph Peters - 12 Myths of 21st-Century War

The article is here.

I read the article in the dead tree format last week, and after a bit of enthusiasm decided to let it slide.

Not because I disagreed with his views, but because there was nothing new said.

The article is now making the rounds in some blogs I read so I decided to examine my apparent ennui.

Every one of the myths he describes has been exploded numerous times... that his words are greeted with such enthusiasm troubles me. I'll readily acknowledge that I'm confused that Andy Warhol can do a painting of a soup can and have it called ART, so maybe there is something fundamental missing from my perceptual skill set.

I would have thought that most of the people I know and/or read would read Peters' article and simply nod along rather like a music fan who knows the words and sings along.

Still, I shouldn't have been so dismissive. If his words change one mind they should be shouted from the rooftops.

So please let me join the chorus and bring them to your attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

site stats