Saturday, July 22, 2006

Soundtrack mini-project

We Old Dogs have each have a sound track we associate with our lives. For us 'Nam vets it's as varied as our experiences.

And it's still echoing. I am listening to Big and Rich - 8th of November. This tune kick started a few synapses. It has nothing to do my experiences, but rings a bell. Shucks, everything from Barry Sadler's "The Ballad Of The Green Berets" to the Ditzy Chix's Traveling Soldier get me going in odd ways.

My pal Mike Morningstar (1st Cav) wrote this tune many years ago.

As I age the soundtrack keeps changing, but the Bellamy Brothers captured a moment with Old Hippie, and Steve Earle's Copperhead Road was another snapshot.

Just curious? Does YOUR life have a soundtrack?

Should add, not restricted to 'Nam vets.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

site stats