Sunday, July 16, 2006

Things that make ya go HUH!

For Democrats, Wave Is Building

The money quote:

When there's no strong national issue at stake, local forces (a district's partisan makeup, the incumbent's reputation, the challenger's resources, etc.) dominate congressional elections. But a sharply negative nationwide referendum on the party in power -- causing a national vote swing of five percentage points or more -- buffeted local factors in the 1946, 1958, 1966, 1974, 1982 and 1994 midterm elections, producing losses of 26 to 56 seats.

Now I admit I'm no political wonk. I don't watch TV news, nor do I listen to talk radio, so maybe I've missed something. Candidly, I like to see EVERY congresscritter sent home and replaced by draftees (ala Jury Duty), and I think Bush has an agenda concerning our borders that I dislike.

But... There is a strong national interest at stake: SURVIVAL!!!

If the voters are unable to recognize, or refuse to acknowledge the threat, then let them gives us a Democratic House and maybe take the Senate as well.

While they're impeaching Bush and bringing home the troops, I'm going to be stocking food and ammo. When some liberal folks show up at my door saying "everybody shares, man", I'll be politically correct while shooting at their feet.

Rant off!

Read the whole article yourself, I really don't understand the disconnect involved, so again, maybe I missed something?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

site stats